Creating an effective training program is both an art and a science. A plan tailored to your individual needs considers your training and racing goals, as well as the amount of time you have available to train, and your unique set of physical and mental skills. As a USAT Certified Coach, Donna can be instrumental in:
- Identifying your strengths and areas to target for improvement
- Creating challenging, yet safe and proven workouts that target those areas needing attention
- Improving your form and technique in swimming, cycling, and running
- Teaching you critical mental skills and strategies required for multi-sport success
- Improving your energy efficiency and management
- Supporting you throughout the training sequence and progression and providing useful feedback
- Preparing you to peak for A races/events
Triathlon Coaching can be delivered in a variety of formats. Online training programs are a popular and cost-effective method of triathlon coaching. When combined with a thorough athlete consultation and regular feedback, online training plans are highly effective. One-on-one coaching offers the most direct and individualized coaching available. Group coaching is an affordable option that offers social support and a powerful learning experience with other triathletes. Training in a group often encourages athletes to push themselves harder than they might when training independently.
Each athlete is unique and when selecting a training program one has to consider factors such as: training and racing goals; available time and resources; and the style of learning and/or training that best suits them. Online, individual and group training programs all address skill acquisition, training progression, and performance objectives and goals. Programs/plans will include the most effective and efficient combination of online, videotaping, telephone, and in-person training methods.
As a triathlon Coach, Donna is uniquely qualified as she brings not only skill and experience as a Coach and triathlete herself, but as an Exercise and Sport Psychologist. She offers her athletes the opportunity to become physically and mentally tough and prepared to succeed. Whether your goal is to complete your first sprint triathlon, set a new PR, qualify for Kona, or to win your age group, Donna will work hard to help you reach your potential. Click here to get started!